The course is designed to develop effective communication and interpersonal skills, in order to create a positive work environment. Additionally, participants will develop skills to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with subordinates, peers, superiors, and outsiders, and build a cohesive work unit with a high degree of mutual cooperation.
- Identify those leadership skills and dispositions that promote effective team and group work.
- Identify and demonstrate new strategies for working with the four generations at the workplace.
- Learn how to promote team spirit, cooperation, and open communication.
- Learn the art of active listening and how it promotes effective problem-solving.
- Learn how to deal with feedback from supervisors and
colleagues without responding in a defensive or angry manner.
- Build consensus through team approach and understand how collaboration and competition affect group problemsolving.
- Deal tactfully, yet decisively, with unacceptable employee behavior and unsatisfactory performance.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who work in business, education, government, community-based organizations and the professions such as law, healthcare, etc.